3 Easy Steps to a Couples Only Valentine’s Day Dinner Party
Valentine’s Day is coming around again. Do you have something unique in mind for your special someone? You don’t need to battle it out with all of the other couples filling restaurants to make a lasting impression. This year, create Valentine’s Dinner at home that your significant other will brag about at work the next day. Set a perfectly romantic Valentine’s Day mood with our tips on how to decorate in a romantic theme, cook a delectable homemade meal, have your own chocolate fountain, and make this Valentine’s Day an occasion worth staying in for.
1. Set the Mood. Red, black, and silver make the perfect Valentine’s Day Color Combo. Dress your tables with red table linens and accent with black and silver. Colorado Party Rentals has dozens of romantic choices to create just the right mood for Valentine’s Day!
2. Serve a home-cooked meal. Surf and Turf.
- Shrimp Scampi. Start the evening with an easy shrimp scampi and steaks. Serve baked potatoes and salad on the side. Shrimp scampi has to be one of the easiest ways to quickly prepare shrimp. You simply sauté the shrimp with garlic, butter, and olive oil, splash it with some white wine, let the wine reduce while the shrimp cooks, and then toss it with fresh parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Steaks. Grill up a nice New York Strip or any cut of your choice, and your Surf and Turf is complete.
- Potatoes and Salad. Now, scrub up two potatoes and pierce the skin several times with a knife or fork. Rub the skin with olive oil, then with salt. Place the potatoes in the oven, and bake for 60 minutes at 400 degrees. Prepare your favorite salad greens and veggies. Try something with a twist to accent your surf and turf flavors; strawberries and feta cheese with candied pecans over arugula and romaine greens topped with balsamic vinegar, or try mandarin orange slices with sesame seeds and spiraled fresh zucchini and a Thai dressing to top.
What could be more romantic than a chocolate fondue fountain! Finish your dinner off right with help from Colorado Party Rentals. Forget the boring box of chocolate. Tell your sweetheart you love them with chocolate covered fruit!
Valentine’s Day doesn’t require a crowded restaurant. Enjoy your close friends and loved ones with a private dinner party.