6 Steps to a Dainty Baby Shower Tea Party
Celebrate a new beginning for your friends and loved ones with this chic baby shower idea! Plan a tea party and invite your guests to join you for a dainty afternoon with a few delicate touches of style. Whether you are celebrating the arrival of a little girl or a little boy, the party is for the mama, so feel free to decorate with femininity.
6 Steps for Throwing the Perfect Baby Shower Tea Party
1. Florals are IN! – Tea parties are about pure feminine touches, so choose accents with floral patterns and even lace elements blended into your table decor. Create low-lying floral centerpieces with a variety of soft colors. Baby’s breath is a perfect filler for this arrangement.
2. Menu – Tea time isn’t meant to be a heavy meal time. It is a light menu meant to hold you over until the dinner hour, so don’t go overboard on the menu choices. Serve a combination of sweet and savory. You simply must have a tea biscuit in your hand to dip into your tea. Serve a variety of dessert items to enjoy with your tea including scones, tea cakes, and even savory mini sandwiches.
3. China – Real china tea cups and plates will create the truest tea party effect. If possible, gather pieces of china so that each guest has a full place setting. If you don’t own china, consider borrowing some place settings from various friends or rent your beautiful tableware from Colorado Party Rentals.
4. Tea, Tea, Tea! What is a tea party without tea? Serve lots of options with all the extras – milk, sugar cubes and, of course, honey! Choose some basics like Earl Grey and chai, but don’t forget some fun flavors like infused green teas.
5. Decór – Tie in your theme with accent pieces scattered around your entertaining area, including pearls, cake stands, hat boxes, glassware and, of course, floral prints.
6. Consider a creative centerpiece for your gift table – A diaper bouquet instead of a standard diaper cake. Look for a coming post on how to make a diaper bouquet and other DIY baby shower decorations.
Colorado Party Rentals can make your
baby shower tea party a feminine masterpiece!
Trust Colorado Party Rentals for everything you need to create a dainty atmosphere for a baby shower. If you are looking to take your theme to the next level, ask them to show you their extensive collection of table linens and tableware. You may consider a pin-tucked pattern table cloth with a sheen, or you may prefer a solid linen look with lace overlay. Make an appointment to see the showroom today, and you will see why Colorado Party Rentals is the one-stop shop for entertaining.