Outdoor Summer Events: Entertaining Guests in Your Backyard This Weekend?
These summertime backyard entertaining tips will make your 4th of July BBQ
& other outdoors events a lot easier
Summer is filled with activities, and chances are that one of those events will take place in your own backyard. Entertaining outdoors can mean endless trips in and out of the house for items you run out of or things you may have forgotten. Here are some simple tips to keep you at your party instead of in the kitchen.
Six backyard entertaining tips to make your party planning a breeze!
1. Plan ahead with a hidden area for extras. Keep a large tub under one of your main tables filled with napkins, plates cups, and utensils. Keep an extra tub near your drink area for your guests to drop their empty bottles and cans for easy recycling.
2. Get creative with your table decor. Varying heights adds interest to your table design. If you don’t have a cake stand, no problem; flip a flower pot upside down and top it with a plate that has a rimmed base. Use different colors together; don’t be afraid to mix colors and go bright. Outdoor entertaining is about fun, bold colors.
3. Have several music playlists ready to go and set to continuous play.
4. Plan a menu that can largely be prepared ahead of time. If you plan to grill, have your grill selections marinating ahead of time and simply the process as much as possible. You want to actually enjoy the party and not be stuck at the grill or going back and forth to the kitchen the whole time.
5. Use citronella votives scattered all around the party scene. This will add warm light and ambience, as well as keep those pesky mosquitoes at bay.
6. Don’t plan any gardening for the day before or the day of your event. This includes watering your garden. With guests walking around your backyard, you don’t want them sinking into soggy soil or being glued with grass clippings from a fresh cutting.
Colorado Party Rentals makes all your outdoor entertaining a breeze!
We offer every size tent to protect from unexpected weather and to shield your guests from the heat of summer. When the sun goes down, you will love the inviting look of our stringed lighting. Add another creative touch with a lamppost to add extra lighting and ambience. Come see our showroom and be inspired!