Fall is rushing in, and our event trends are adapting with the seasons. While you may be expecting a sea of neutrals this fall, think again! What inspires the runway inspires our tables, too! When this year’s fashion shows unveiled some new and exciting trends, event planners took note, and some of these trends aren’t going away anytime soon. So, when you are planning your event for fall, let Colorado Party Rentals guide your steps from color and decorating trends to table and tent size.
1. Color Blocking – A runway trend this season that matches opposite colors on the color wheel for impact and uses those colors in large blocks (or areas) of surface. Rather than small touches of the color here and there, a table would create a larger area of one solid color rather than breaking the colors up and mixing them. On the cover of a fashion magazine, you may see a mini skirt with the top half in deep purple and the bottom half in yellow, using the entire skirt to make the statement of bold colors. Color blocking can be carried from your invitations to your dessert table. Try using deep tones and jewel tones in fall, and don’t be afraid of gold.
2. Lace – Lace isn’t just for your grandmother’s tea table. This year, you can use lace with boldness and certainty. Yes, it is feminine, but it makes a statement of surety and poise – even for events where men are guests.
3. Natural elements – Add in nature all around – indoor gardens, plants, vines, moss-covered statement pieces, and more. You could even source a run-down dresser or night table from a thrift store or garage sale and cover it with things that grow. Give it time and plenty of sun and moist air, and you will have created your own statement piece! Use succulents to add life to your accent tables, gift tables, welcome table, and anywhere you want a little pop of vibrancy.
4. Ombre – A decorating trend of using just one color, beginning in its deepest hue and carrying that same color throughout the decor (centerpiece, table runner, paper products and more) from its darkest hue to its lightest hue.
5. Watercolors – Your invitations aren’t the only place you can display watercolor. Carry this design element to your cake, your table – with DIY watercolor votives – and even your gift table can be brushed with watercolor signs.
Colorado Party Rentals stays on top of this season’s trends in event planning!
With our professionals working for you, you can be assured your event will take center stage. Trust us with all of your Denver event rental needs! Whether you’re planning a corporate event or a wedding, Colorado Party Rentals has expert advice to make your event spectacular. Make an appointment to visit our showroom today!