6 Tips for the Holiday Dinner Party Season
The Holiday Season is the time when we gather more. Even with busy schedules, we make time during the holidays to gather together. With busy life and family schedules, who has time to plan a dinner party? Gathering with your friends and family can be easy this season with a few tips from the Party Pros.
6 tips for a flawless holiday dinner party
1. Send “E-Vites.” Save on postage and the energy of creating, printing, stuffing, and mailing! We live in the digital age, and everyone is attached to some form of constant communication. Take advantage of that!
2. Let candlelight flicker all around your entertaining area. Play with various heights of candles on candlesticks, and pedestal style 3-inch and even 5-inch candle widths. Create a decór montage on your entry way table using candle light. Then, carry the candle light to your serving area and your seating area as well.
3. Choose naturally occurring winter elements that don’t wilt. Pine cones and hearty evergreen will withstand the cool weather outdoors and the warmth of the heated interior environment without looking droopy within the first 30 minutes. Winter tablescapes have so many options! Enjoy trying new tablescapes bringing the outside in.
4. Make a party planning schedule. Write out a plan for what you need to order, reserve, and shop for. Include the date you need to have your E-Vites sent, and pencil into your calendar the RSVP date that you expect to hear back from your invited guests. Write out your menu plan for food, and your entertainment plan for fun.
5. Simplify the menu – or cater! Choose to spend your time and energy in the best way possible. You want to be with your guests, not tucked away in the kitchen unable to mingle, so plan a simple winter menu that consists of fare that can be prepared the day or night before and allows you to relax more on the day of your dinner party. If you are able, cater the event and truly sit back and relax!
6. Set the table the night before. It goes without saying, but anything you can accomplish the night before will save you time. If you plan to use cloth napkins and tablecloths, iron them the night before. Better yet, call Colorado Party Rentals and rest easy! They will arrive ahead of time, set up all of your tables, and dress them with perfectly ironed table linens.
This Holiday Season, don’t stress about entertaining! With these five simple tips, you can prepare a fabulous dinner party with little stress, and more time to mingle with friends.