Warm weather means you want to spend as much time outdoors as possible before the weather turns cool again! Take advantage of your backyard paradise this summer and enjoy entertaining outdoors. Rather than relying on generic tiki torches to add extra light and ambiance to your party, try these five new ideas for adding creative light!
1. Luminaries – Any paper bag or vellum paper can be turned into a luminary. Simply secure a candle inside a glass holder so that the flame is encased and does not come into contact with the paper. Filling the bottom of the bag with sand helps to maintain the position and structure of the bag. If you choose to use vellum paper, simply create the shape you desire – round, rectangular, or square – and fit it around the candle holder you will be using to measure size.
2. Tin Can Lanterns – Fill various sizes of tin cans with water and freeze. With a hammer and nail or ice pick, punch holes in the can to create a design. Melt the ice and replace with tea lights. Look for an upcoming post about other design options for tin can lanterns.
3. Mason Jar Lanterns – Mason jars can be used as candle holders in a variety of ways. You can layer colored sand or glass pieces in the bottom and place a tea light down inside the jar. You can fill with water and use a floating tea light, or you can even use sturdy wire around the mouth and hang them around your party area. See more DIY ideas on Mason jar lanterns in another upcoming post.
4. Washi Tape Votive Holders – Simply choose clear glass cylinders and several patterns of washi tape. Cut your pieces in varying lengths and place the tape in a vertical pattern over the edge of the rim of the glass. You should end with vertical stripes close together all around the rim of the glass.
5. Hanging tea lights – Simply choose a small votive holder that you can string up and hang – possibly a glass one with a rim or even a mini metal pail style – and slip your ribbon through the handle of the pail. Hang the tea lights at varying lengths and use several votives to add the light you need. Choose satin ribbons in colors keeping with your party theme.
Colorado Party Rentals helps you keep your backyard alive with light and a fun party atmosphere!
Ask us about all of our lighting options and creative designs to help you create the atmosphere you desire. Our staff is ready to assist you in your creative process and offer suggestions about ways to create ambiance in your own backyard. From stringed lights to tents, we offer a wide selection of event rentals. Call us today to find out how we can serve you!