China Pattern Perfection
Picking the Right China Pattern is an Art
You don’t need to stress over the china for your wedding, but choosing the one that best fits with both your personalities and the wedding theme can add a beautiful detail to the table setting.
Choose Dishes as a Duo?
It’s okay to let your mom and best friend help on scouting process, but you and your fiance should make the final decision. Whatever you select should speak to your personality as a couple and make a statement for all the memorable meals you will share on a new life together. Don’t let anyone talk you into a pattern you don’t love.
Four basic styles of china patterns:
- Floral: features flowery designs and fauna.
- Geometric: strong lines and patterns.
- Banded: white or ivory with a gold or platinum rim. There are also some options with blue or green rims, too.
- Oriental: Asian flair, like rectangular-shaped plates.
Okay to Mix and Match?
Matching colors and styles can be fun. Follow these tips to achieve happy combinations:
- When coordinating a busy pattern, your best option is to look for something simple and bold. Choose a basic one and match it to something that has a more elaborate design to it.
- Choose colors that combine well; there are many tools online to guide you on this.
- Never use black-and-white.
- Two ornate patterns can work well together, just as two plain designs complement each other. The only way to know is to try it out!