Are you still looking for the perfect Valentine’s Gift?
Perhaps no other holiday goes hand in hand with chocolate like Valentine’s Day! While you could stop at any corner store and pick up a pre-packaged box of generic chocolates, why not do something original this year? Whether it’s for your loved ones or office colleagues, a gift of handmade chocolate cannot be resisted!
Why not make your own Valentine Chocolate Delights this year? They don’t have to be “gourmet,” just homemade. Here are just a few Easy Valentine’s Day Chocolate Recipes for your sweetie.
Easy Peanut Butter Truffles
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook: 10 min.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup butter plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Combine honey and remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until blended. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Spread into foil-lined pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Place peanuts in a shallow bowl. Lift candy out of the pan and cut into 64 squares. Shape the squares into balls and roll them in peanuts. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter – softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt until smooth and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips, candy bars, and remaining peanut butter in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Line miniature muffin cups with paper and drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture in each. Top them all with a teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if you want. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until set.
Don’t settle for store-bought chocolates this year! Try something unique and delicious; create your own Homemade Chocolate Valentine’s Day Gifts!