We hope you’ve rested well in January after the holiday festivities. But once January is gone, we are instantly becoming aware of February’s most celebrated day – Valentine’s Day. Do you have something unique in mind for your special someone? Perhaps, skip the fancy restaurants (that will mostly be crowded that day), and enjoy a more intimate romantic dinner at home. This year, create Valentine’s Dinner at home and enjoy the time and privacy just for couples. Set a perfect, romantic Valentine’s Day mood with our suggestions on how to easily prepare a tasty homemade meal, have a chocolate fountain and make this Valentine’s Day an occasion worth staying home.
Creating the Perfect Romantic Dinner Party
1. Set the Mood. Usually red is what comes to mind at first, but you can be a bit more original than that. Romantic rose and peach colors, gold, with details of green or sophisticated ivory can also make the perfect Valentine’s Day Color Combo. Dress your tables with elegant table linens and accent with delicate gold details or crystal. Colorado Party Rentals has dozens of romantic choices to create just the right mood for Valentine’s Day!
2. Serve a home-cooked meal, Surf ‘n’ Turf.
- Shrimp Scampi. Start the evening with an easy shrimp scampi and steaks. Serve baked potatoes and salad on the side. Shrimp scampi is one of the easiest ways to quickly prepare shrimp. You merely sauté the shrimp with garlic, butter, and olive oil, splash it with some white wine, the wine reduces while the shrimp cooks, then toss it with fresh parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Steaks. Grill up a nice New York Strip or any cut of your choice, and your Surf ‘n’ Turf is complete.
- Potatoes and Salad. Now, scrub two potatoes, pierce the skin several times with a knife, rub the skin with olive oil, then with salt. Place the potatoes in the oven, and bake for 60 minutes at 400 degrees. Prepare your favorite salad greens and veggies. Try something with a twist to accent your surf and turf flavors; strawberries and feta cheese with candied pecans over arugula and romaine greens topped with balsamic vinegar, or try mandarin orange slices with sesame seeds and spiraled fresh zucchini, with a Thai dressing to top.
What could be more romantic than a chocolate fondue fountain! Finish your dinner off right, with help from Colorado Party Rentals. Forget the boring box of chocolate. Tell your sweetheart you love them with chocolate covered fruit!
Last but not least: Don’t forget the wine selection! Match it well with your food!
Valentine’s Day doesn’t require a crowded restaurant. Enjoy your close friends and loved ones with a private dinner party.