A Shaving Kit is a sophisticated gift for a man to receive. No man really enjoys shaving, but it is a part of daily life for most men. Even our beard wearing men still must perform a minimum amount of daily grooming to keep his whiskers calm and combed. A Shaving Kit reminds him of a classic time. A time when things were meant to last; your watch, your leather day bag or briefcase, or a pair of expensive shoes.
For a Man, a shaving kit reminds him of something his grandfather would have had. It speaks back to a time when manhood was uniquely sophisticated. When a man took pride in is grooming and enjoyed taking the time to shave, comb and prepare his appearance for the day. Here is how to make your own unique shake kit creations.
Homemade Shave Cream:
What You Will Need:
- 2/3 C Shea Butter
- 2/3 coconut Oil
- 1/4 C. Olive oil
- 2 tbs. Lanolin or Vegetable Glycerine. This gives the cream even more of a “slide”. (optional)
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E. (You can empty the contents of 2 Vitamin E Gel Caps. )
What to do:
- Melt over medium low heat the shea butter and coconut oil (if it is solid).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the olive oil.
- Once all fats are well combined add in 10 drops of your favorite manly scent. Your man may like sandalwood, cedar wood, pine, or tea tree and chamomile mix. Be creative and try something new.
- Now it’s time to blend, and blend…. Scrape contents into mixing bowl and either with a stand mixer or hand mixer beat and beat until the shea butter turns light and fluffy like cake icing. This takes a while so be patient. Keep scraping the sides and turning the bowl.
- Once your cream begins to look fluffy It’s time to add in your vitamin E and or lanolin/glycerine. Add them one at a time, and continue beating.
- Once well combined you should have a light fluffy and creamy shave cream perfect for men or women.
- Optional: You could add a tablespoon of baking soda to aid with odor control, and to help maintain a well-blended mix – warding off separation of oils and moisture ruin.
Now spoon your cream into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Add a homemade label, and natural looking wrapping.
Homemade Beard Oil:
What you need:
- Amber glass dropper bottle
- Luxury Oil for your man’s skin type
- Essential Oils
What to do:
- In a small bowl, mix 10 drops of your choice of luxury oil. Some options may include Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Grapeseed Oil.
- Next, add 5 Drops of Vitamin E for conditioning of the beard and the skin under his beard.
- Finally, add 3 drops each of your favorite Essential Oil Combination. Be careful not to overdo it! In such a small batch you can easily overwhelm your man!
- Mix with a wire whisk, and pour into your dark glass bottle. Label with your own unique label.
With these easy handmade recipes you can show the Dad in your life how special he is! This will be a gift he will definitely remember! Follow these simple steps to create your own homemade “secret family recipes” your dad will request time after time!
Let Colorado Party Rentals help you create the perfect event your family will remember!
Colorado Party Rentals can take your family gathering and make it an event the whole family will remember! Let us guide your event planning steps from vision to execution. Trust our professionals with table rentals. tent rentals, china and flatware choices, lighting and more! This Father’s Day consider a summer barbecue with outdoor tents and lighting!